City Club Apartments
Historic office building finds new life as apartments in Central Business District
Built in 1928 as an annex to the Union Central Life Tower, this Neo-Classical Revival building sat nearly vacant for years. The building recently reopened as City Club Apartments following an extensive rehabilitation project. The complex includes 294 market-rate apartments, main-floor grocery, office space, and roof-top restaurant at a project cost of about $75 million.
The Port owns the property through a capital lease agreement. The Port’s ability to offer an innovative, cost-saving tool helped preserve this significant structure in our City’s core.