The Port is Hiring: Vice President of Industrial Development
POSITION TITLE: Vice President of Industrial Development
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: President & CEO
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Industrial Development Manager, Industrial Development Associate
DATE OF LAST REVISION: September 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead The Port’s Industrial Revitalization Strategy, including the Port’s interest in manufacturing renewal in Hamilton County.
- Support public project initiatives in the region.
- Lead all aspects of industrial real estate development including capital planning, due diligence, and environmental remediation.
- Identify investors and other resources to support The Port’s Industrial Revitalization Strategy, including Patient Capital Program.
- Develop and execute end-user/prospect attraction strategy for the disposition of real estate through broker relationships and REDI.
- Develop strategic asset management, cost recovery, and revenue mechanisms to support the overall operations of The Port and capital projects.
- Lead community engagement efforts related to specific industrial redevelopment projects.
- Execute a variety of real estate transactions, including donations, acquisitions, and sale-leaseback.
- Market and promote The Port’s project management and real estate development capabilities to private sector entities and local jurisdictions.
- Expand The Port’s network of professionals including investors, real estate brokers, accountants, lawyers, developers, municipal leaders, consultants, and others involved in economic development.
- Manage all aspects of the Greater Cincinnati Foreign Trade Zone, Inc. agreement and program delivery.
- Manage all aspects of the Revolving Loan Fund & Grant Resources.
- Manage all aspects of The Port’s parking assets.
- Ensure client and The Port’s compliance of contractual obligations pursuant to policy, project documents, and legal requirements.
- Diversify the operations of the Industrial Development department and overall organization by seeking out, researching, and recommending expansion into new opportunities while appropriately defining and managing risk.
- Participate in the development and implementation of The Port’s strategic initiatives and organizational metrics.
- Support the leadership and growth of The Port.
- Support and lead all aspects of Real Estate Development including capital planning, due diligence, and environmental remediation.
- Direct and manage other matters as requested by the CEO.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree is required with a concentration in business, planning, economic development, environmental remediation, real estate, public administration or related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience in a similar position for 10-15 years, with a broad scope of knowledge in the appropriate fields.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiatiating and reviewing complex real estate documents and transactions monitoring business contracts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental remediation, site preparation, and market analysis including familiarity with the real estate financing.
- Solid background in site analysis with an ability to understand and effectively communicate risk.
- Ability to think creatively about development financing and craft unique solutions to complex situations.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of multiple parties to maintain an overall timetable.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory frameworks and jurisdictional processes.
- Ability to orchestrate and participate in various outreach efforts including experience in public speaking.
- Ability to perform at both a management and functional level.
- A team player with a strong ability to work well with others – both internally and externally.
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a strong work ethic and the ability to think creatively.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to operate all applicable office equipment.
- Ability to tour The Port’s project construction sites and attend out-of-office meetings.
- Satisfactory results on pre-employment written and oral testing, as administered by appropriate practitioners at The Port’s direction.
- Satisfactory results of background investigations.
- Be insurable and maintain insurability for the operation of motor vehicles, as use of personal vehicle may be required to attend out-of-office meetings.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of the position outlined herein without creating a direct or indirect threat to the safety of oneself or others.