The Port is Hiring: Real Estate Development Associate
The Port is seeking a Real Estate Development Associate to join a high-performing team of professionals dedicated to transforming communities for lasting impact, including residential properties and commercial business districts.
As a key member of the Neighborhood Revitalization Team, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of Vision 2022, a multi-faceted strategy to drive economic growth, job creation, social stability, and shared prosperity, for all residents.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, capable of managing multiple real estate development projects simultaneously, and thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
The Development Associate assists in the oversight and coordination of key elements and processes throughout the real estate development cycle – concept through completion – in targeted neighborhoods throughout Hamilton County. The successful candidate has demonstrated exceptional attention to detail, capacity to create and maintain order, and strong verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding project management skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners are essential to overall success and effectiveness in this position.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support all pre-acquisition analysis including: Financial Models or Pro-Forma analyses, feasibility studies, zoning analysis, and coordination of market research.
- Support the Due Diligence process for acquisitions including: Title work, property surveys, environmental considerations, required infrastructure, and necessary site work.
- Develop and manage project budgets to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Draft bid documents including RFQs and RFPs, and coordinate the bidding process in compliance with all relevant laws and in accordance with the Redevelopment Authority’s Inclusion Policy.
- Administer contracts, including the creation of RFP’s, negotiation of change orders, and processing of payment applications.
- Partner with government agencies and municipalities on projects to ensure timely approval of all zoning changes, permits, and other compliance requirements.
- Establish relationships with stakeholders including but not limited to vendors, contractors, and neighborhood partners.
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager for proper maintenance of assigned real estate projects.
- Provide accurate and timely communication/data and prepare materials as needed to support the development of grant applications, presentations, board reports, news articles and all other communication requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Urban Planning, Business Administration, Construction Management, or other relevant fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of direct or related experience in real estate development, real estate development finance, real estate lending, or community development, including knowledge of construction;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with people of diverse social, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional project teams to deliver key objectives.
- Proven skills in advanced-level problem solving, sound decision-making, exceptional follow-through, and precision in following procedures.
- Demonstrated success working as a team player to achieve organizational goals and objectives;
- Highly organized and willing to take the initiative to drive results;
- Experience with pro-forma financial analysis and the real estate development process.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project. Experience with database programs and GIS mapping programs preferred;
- Ability to identify site-specific development, entitlement, and permitting issues through the due diligence process to ensure project viability;
- Proven ability to read and review design drawings and documents;
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
About The Port:
The Port is an independent, economic development agency created to proactively seek and carry out projects that increase jobs, attract and retain residents, and add to the region’s prosperity. The Port has broad development-related powers and expertise that allow it to take on complex projects that catalyze private investment. The Port works collaboratively with key regional economic development, community and corporate partners and community foundations. It is governed by a board of directors who serve voluntarily and are appointed in equal number by the City and County.
For more information go to www.cincinnatiport.org