The Port is Hiring: Construction Associate
POSITION TITLE: Construction Associate
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Residential Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure legal compliance and adherence to HCLRC and The Port policies.
- Communicate, build, and maintain strategic relationships with community and business partners.
- Work hand-in-hand with project team including Facilities Manager, Director of HURC, HCLRC Associates, etc.
- Review all submitted reports by third parties and direct reports to prevent problems and resolve complications including construction drawings, documents and request for proposals.
- Track economic inclusion participation in all construction projects to ensure annual economic inclusion goals are achieved.
- Create project timelines and work collaboratively with internal and external resources to drive schedules from inception through delivery and close-out.
- Communicate and coordinate drawings and schedule expectations directly with subcontracts.
- Create Scopes of Work and bid packages for projects to facilitate buy-out of required subcontracts.
- Conduct and document quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the construction process, assuring working environment is maintained at acceptable levels, and tools and equipment are in good working condition.
- Maintain and update construction documents, and monitor contract obligations with a goal of building relationships with reliable contractors and vendors.
- Attend and participate in meetings with the Director of Residential Development, Project Managers and Contractors.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions.
- Formulate weekly progress reports on projects for Leadership review.
PREFERRED EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred with concentration in environmental remediation, construction management, project management or related field.
- Experience in a similar position for 3+ years, with a broad scope of knowledge in the appropriate fields.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and reviewing complex construction documents and monitoring contracts.
- Knowledge of environmental remediation, site preparation, building code requirements and scheduling methods
- Ability to think creatively about development and craft unique solutions to complex situations.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of multiple parties to maintain an overall timetable.
- Ability to function at both a management and functional level.
- A team player with strong ability to work well with others – both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a strong work ethic and the ability to think creatively.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to operate all applicable office equipment.
- Ability to tour The Port project construction sites and attend out-of-office meetings.
- Satisfactory results on pre-employment written and oral testing, as administered by appropriate practitioners at The Port’s direction.
- Satisfactory results of background investigations.
- Maintain insurability for the operation of motor vehicles if driving to attend out-of-office meetings or otherwise perform job functions.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of the position outlined herein without creating a direct or indirect threat to the safety of oneself or others.